Rabu, 05 Juni 2013

Materi Bahasa Inggris Asking for and Giving direction

 
 
Asking for and Giving direction
Asking for Direction
Giving Direction
·      Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to….........?
·      Can you give me directions to the.......,please ?
·      Where I can find the nearest…...........?
·      What are the best/quickest/easiest/ way to get to the…..........?
·      Excuse me, do you know where the …..... is?
·      I’m looking for … (this address). Can you show me....
·      Where is the .................?
·      Excuse me, could you tell me how i can get to........................, please ?
·      Sure, it’s this way/ it’s that way
·      Of course, At the traffic lights, take the first left and go straight on. It’s on the left.
·      Certainly, Go straight on (until you come to…)
·      Take this road , Keep going straight ahead.And you will find................(the places)
·      Well,….,
take the first on the left / take the second on the right , after that turn right at the crossroads
·      Yes, it is not far from here. It is next to .........(the places)
·      Straight on this way until you get to an intersection/T-junction/roundabout
·      Go up/down on the escalator/lift
·      Go up  stairs/down stairs
·      Walk along this street until you get to the round about and then keep going until you see a traffic light. You can take turn right.  It’s .....................
Note:
Jika tidak tahu arah/lokasi/tempat yang dimaksud, respon jawabannya :
·         Sorry,  I’m not from around here
·         I am sorry, I don’t know. I am stranger (orang pendatang)
Etc.
Example:
Dialog I
Istiqomah          : Excuse me, Where I can find the nearest bank ?
Mustaqim          : Of, course. First, turn right, second turn left on the main street, It’s on the right.
Istiqomah          : Thank you.
Mustaqim          : You’re welcome.
Dialog II
Anang               : Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to Gembira Loka Zoo?
Shanty             : Yes, It  is not far from here. Go straight on this way until you get to an intersection.
   Keep going straight about 10 meters. It’s on your left. 
Anang               : Thank you very much.
Shanty              : You’re welcome.
Dialog III
Suneo               : Excuse me, Can you give me directions to the Ahmad Dahlan University,please ?
Jukir                : oh,,I am sorry. I don’t know. I am stranger.
Anang               : Never mind, thank you.
Suneo               : Don’t mention it.
 

1 komentar: