Rabu, 05 Juni 2013

Asking or giving something

 

Asking :
To ask something, you can say like this :


¡
  • Can you give me ___ ? 
  • Take me that __?  
  • Could you give me the ___ ? 
  • May I borrow your _____? 
  • Could you please ___ ? 
  • Would you kindly ___ ?
It’s more polite when you say ‘please’ ‘excuse’. Especially to your parents, teacher, or the other people who older then you. For example :

¡

  • Excuse me, may I borrow your book? 
  • Excuse me, could you lend me your camera, please? 
Or you can offer something ..
¡
  • Can I offer something to __ ? 
  • Would you like a __ ? 
  • Can I help you
For example :
¡
  • Excuse me, would you like a cup of milk? 
  • Excuse me, can I offer you something to drink ? 
Giving : 
When someone want to borrow or offering something, you can response that whit accepting or refusing.
To accepting, you can say :
  • Here you are 
  • Here it is 
  • Sure__ 
  • Sure, glad to help__ 
  • Yes, of course. 
  • Of course 
  • Certainly__ 
To refusing, you can say :
  • I’m sorry, I’m busy right now 
  • No, I’m sorry. I’m using it 
  • I’m sorry I don’t have any ___ 
  • No, thanks. I’ve ___ 
For example :
»
  • I’m sorry, I don’t have any pen 
  • No, thanks. I’ve drunk a lot water 

Example of a Simple Dialogues for Asking and Giving 


Something


l>> A : Excuse me, could you lend me your pencil ?
    B : I’m sorry, I’m using it
    A : No problem

>>Mrs. Anwar : Lucky, come here. 

   Lucky : Yes, Mom. What’s the matter ?
   Mrs. Anwar : Lucky, can you get me some chilies from from the  refrigerator? 
   Lucky : Yes, sure Mom. What are you making anyway, Mom ?
   Mrs. Anwar : I will make rendang, Lucky.
   Your father likes it very much.

1 komentar:

  1. Banyak informasi yang sangat bermanfaat bagi kami dan kami ijin untuk berbagi pula dengan yang lain. Terimakasih. Jazakumulloh Khoirul jaza

    BalasHapus